Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

rickenbacker nameplates: equal size as guitars?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AnTz0r, Jun 5, 2005.

1. today i sold my 4003 :(

i still had some parts lying around here i have no more use for (tuners, bridge pu cover, pickup mount). and a nameplate. they belonged to a guy who smashed his 4001 "because the neck didnt feel right" ).

I am going to put it up on ebay, but are the nameplates for guitars of equal size to the basses? i want to know if i can sell it to guitarists as well, or only bass players.

2. off-topic

off-topic

Nov 5, 2003
    Tel Aviv
    they are the same

only the 12 string model and the reissue models are different

3. Rickenbacker wont let you sell the nameplates, they'll force you to take down the auction.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Then what do you do with them? Burn 'em?

5. 00soul

00soul

Jan 4, 2005
    seal beach, ca
    just sell a pencil on ebay, then say you'll throw in a gift bag which includes a rickenbacker name plate

6. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    How can they force you to take down the auction?

7. He should be run through. :spit:

8. The same way he forces them to kill all auctions of phoney Rics. John Hall doesnt like other people selling the nameplates because there was a problem a while back with people putting Ric name plates on Fakes and selling them as the real deal.

Now the only way to get a Ric nameplate is send your old one in to a certified Ric dealer to exchange it.

9. he can't force me to take down the auction i think. selling copies means infringing on a rickenbacker trademark, selling the plates should be fine. he may not like it, but that doesn't matter i think.

10. You can try if you want..it may stay up a few days before its removed..just put a BIN, and im sure it would go quick.

11. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    Toronto
    They are NOT the same size! 4001 and 4003 headstocks have changed in size throughout the years and so has the TRC cover.

Do not count on them being interchangeable.

TD

12. ah the all-time ric expert hath spoken! :D at least now i know for sure!