1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

rickenbacker or fender pj bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kitcar765, Oct 29, 2005.

1. which one?
    a rickenbacker?
    or a customised usa p bass?
    if you think p bass what bridge pickup should i add? a jazz pickup or a musicman pickup?

2. I would say that if you get a Fender go with the MM pick up. But I recommend the Ric.

3. A P-bass with a MM pup would be insane. I'd go with that. I never got to play a nice Ric, the only ones I've played were used and abused at GC.

4. peterpalmieri

peterpalmieri Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Babylon, NY
    A P bass deluxe with a humbucker and one with a rear J are two different animals as is the Rick.

It's like asking a red Prorsche or a Black Ferrari etc....

You need to play both of them and decide for yourself, if your asking what people think is "cooler" your missing the point.

5. i can buy a fender usa p bass now and then mod it up, i was thinking about putting a 1960's jazz neck onto it and putting a musicman pickup for a bridge pickup along with hipshot drop d tuner, badass bridge, straplocks, maybe a new paintjob. but each upgrade would have to wait. or alternativly i could save up more cash and buy a rickenbacker, has anyone played a p bass with a musicman bridge pickup?