1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rickenbacker or Geddy Lee bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EagleMoon, Jul 26, 2007.

1. I have a chance to get a Rickenbacker 4003 for $850, or a Geddy Lee Jazz for $550. Which is the better deal? I'm torn. I've played both...used to own a 4001 back in the 80's. Argh!!!:eek:

2. Get the Rick! Way better deal and a way better bass.

3. Whisper

Whisper Supporting Member

Clearly, the Ric at that price

4. Ric... Yes, sir.

5. metron

metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Denver
    Where is this Rick? You dont want that get the other one. :D j/k Assuming equal good condition the Rick is likely a better deal but thats not saying anything about which bass you might like better. If it were me I would already have the Rick.

6. Looks like all votes for the Rick so far. I'm waiting to hear back from the guy who has it. The the guy with the Geddy has written me back, so I'm sitting here waiting...waiting.

I originally sold my 4001 because I though it wasn't versatile enough, but what did I know back then? This one is the same color as my original, mint condition with the case.

7. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

The Ric is a much better DEAL but the Geddy Jazz is a much better BASS IMO.

8. nickbear

nickbear

Jun 12, 2007
    surrey, uk
    as long as the ric doesnt have anything wrong with it i would pounce on the ric!

9. Wayauste

Wayauste

May 17, 2006
    St. Louis MO
    If you can get a Ric at that price you should go for it. If you decide you dont like it you can easily sell it for the same or more, then buy a Geddy jazz.

10. Paulitics

Paulitics

Apr 12, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    The rick all the way. If you decide that you were right before and its not versatile enough you could sell is on ebay and get back your money plus enough to buy a used geddy lee. (I'm only slightly exaggerating too)

11. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    The Rick....If you don't like it you can sell it and get a brand new GL Jazz. I prefer the GL as a bass, but you can't pass up on the Rick.

12. Thinkarogadum

Thinkarogadum

Jun 11, 2006
    NE OH
    Considering how hard it is to get a Rick these days, that's a great price. Tonewise and playability wise I'd take the Rick.

13. ricky

14. That's a good point that if I don't like it can probably sell it for more and get something else. I'm still waiting to hear from the guy. I hope he hasn't sold it already, but hopefully he's just not at the computer at the moment. It's driving me crazy!:hyper:

15. Sir Edward V

Sir Edward V Not Actually Knighted... Yet!

Dec 11, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Get the Geddy Lee!!! :bag:

lol, I've never played a Ric, but those geddy lee basses are pretty good

16. RandallFlagg

RandallFlagg Guest

Aug 18, 2003
    Kansas City
    Look, I play both Fender and Ric....If there is nothing wrong with the Ric...it is a no-brainer.....R-I-C

The resale will blow the Geddy Lee out of the water, if nothing else....

17. both

18. THE RIC!

Geddy sigs are plentiful.

Rics...not so much.

19. Ayliffe

Ayliffe

May 8, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    +1

20. Well, if I don't hear back from the Rick guy, then Geddy Lee it is. The tension is getting to me!:D I'd love to buy both of them, but I'll probably need to sell one of my other basses anyway.