1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rickenbacker pickups, dimensions?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Mr.Thunderbird, May 5, 2010.

1. I just bought myself the bridge and neck pickup to put into my fake Rickenbacker that I am building. I haven't been on in awhile but to those who posted before I am getting very close to finalizing my guitar!

I need to know the dimensions for both pickups, being the total width and length so I can install it onto my body..

I figure since they are on US Global Priority that they will take about 3 weeks to get here, but I hope that somebody could answer me as soon as possible and that would be great help!

Also, the pickups don't go into the body and they just sit above?

- Matt

2. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    I would wait until they get there and make really accurate measurements before you cut the wood.

Measure twice and cut once.

3. I really need help now though, I am hoping that somebody could give me the measurement of their original pickups so I can go ahead instead of having to wait..

Might you have the real deal?

4. Potaton

Potaton

Apr 27, 2009
    My 2010 4003's pups measure;
    Neck-27mm X 72mm (including chrome surround)
    Bridge-25mm X 70mm (Just the pup itself.Not the cavity & chrome surround)

I would take the above advice.Be patient & wait for your pups to arrive before going ahead with any routing.

5. Even my teacher said so, but this just give me the jist of what I need to do.

Thanks for the advice, guys!

Is it true that the pickups don't go into the body and they just sit?