1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rickenbacker pups setup

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by chalie, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Hi,
    I am new with 1979 Ric 4001 and wonder how should the pups be adjust to get the best Ric sound.

I noticed that the volume for E strings is much lower that any and there is no room to adjust the neck pup so the only way for me is to work on the bridge pup. Most of the pole piece of the 2 pups are rised from the base plates except the both 2 for the E strings.

My question is can we do anything with this low E volume thing.

How should the bridge pup be adjust to get Ric sound, lower or higher than the neck pup as most other basses.

Thank You.

2. lazyone2

lazyone2

Jul 27, 2006
    new jersey shore
    Are those new strings you are using? If they are old you may just have a dead string. I played a 76 4001 for about 25 years. The way I thought I could get the best tone was by first setting the best tone I could get using only the bridge P/U. Then dial in the neck P/U to give me the bottom. Good luck nothing else plays like a Rick.