Rickenbacker stuff

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, Dec 24, 2005.

1. alright so i decided that something had to get done with my ricks action and it needs to get lowered.

two questions

1. i took of the top peice and under it there was a little peice of masking tape with "ML" on it.. should i take it off, does it matter at all, or like does it have to do with anything.

2. i'm never messed with the action on this bass yet due the duel trust rob stuff. any tips on lowering the action on this bass. (4003 by the way)
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Lowering action could be as simple as lowering the bridge saddles, dont adjust the truss rod unless necesary
  3. yea i realized that after i picked it back up after making this post but just wanted to see what people had to say.
  4. BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    You can check the Rickenbacker forum for yourself, but the general feeling there is DON'T mess with the duel truss rod unless you really, really know what you are doing.

I have a 4001 and the bridge is all I needed to adust the action.

BTW, I did get a Hipshot replacement bridge for my Rick and while it doesn't seem to sound any different, the adjustments are a whole lot easier that with the standard bridge. Definately worth the bucks.

Also, that tape probably was meant for the factory workers. Apparently there are all kinds of little marks inside Rics that are just notes to the workers about rather mundane issues. Again, you could check the Rickenbacker forum. There's a lot of good info there.