1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rickenbacker toaster pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by nil, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Of my two Rics ('98 4003 AG and '89 4008 Redneck - both being played as 4-stringers), the Redneck has far more midrange bite and girth.

I'm figuring that it's due to the fact that the Redneck has a toaster p/u in the neck, and normal hi-gain in the bridge (the 4003 has hi-gain in both).

So it looks like the 4003 needs a slight upgrade...what's the average used $$ cost of a bass toaster p/u? Where could I find one?

2. Max

Max

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Go to www.rickenbacker.com and download their pricelist. They are about $115.00. There is also a pickofthericks.com and he sells them too. Let us know how it sounds. I have wanted to put a toaster in the neck position as well.

3. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Nil exactly what Max said! Another great source for Ric parts is this place! http://members.aol.com/RhoadsMusi/rickparts.html
    The Toaster adds a nice deep lowend with screaming mids.
    How ya doing Max, Thanks for the kind words in that other thread, I truly appreciate it and so did that Fiery Redhead by my side:)