Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rickenbacker toaster pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by nil, Oct 2, 2002.

1. Of my two Rics ('98 4003 AG and '89 4008 Redneck - both being played as 4-stringers), the Redneck has far more midrange bite and girth.

I'm figuring that it's due to the fact that the Redneck has a toaster p/u in the neck, and normal hi-gain in the bridge (the 4003 has hi-gain in both).

So it looks like the 4003 needs a slight upgrade...what's the average used $$ cost of a bass toaster p/u? Where could I find one?

2. Max

Max Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Bakersfield, CA
    Go to www.rickenbacker.com and download their pricelist. They are about $115.00. There is also a pickofthericks.com and he sells them too. Let us know how it sounds. I have wanted to put a toaster in the neck position as well.

3. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Nil exactly what Max said! Another great source for Ric parts is this place! http://members.aol.com/RhoadsMusi/rickparts.html
    The Toaster adds a nice deep lowend with screaming mids.
    How ya doing Max, Thanks for the kind words in that other thread, I truly appreciate it and so did that Fiery Redhead by my side:)