1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rickenbacker V63 vs C64 comments/vote

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KeithPoker, Oct 28, 2013.

1. V63

14 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. C64

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  1. Vote based on preferred sound and appearance. I am considering buying one :)

My understanding is the C64 has a capacitor in the bridge the V63 does not. The C64 is also reshaped on the body while the V63 is closer to the original. The C64 has a slightly thinner and flatter neck although there are certain years V63 comes close. The V63 has a higher output horseshoe and can overpower the toaster, not in a bad way. The C64 output is more balanced between the two pickups. Is there anything else I missed? Which is more of a unique sound compared to say Fenders?

I am less interested in versatility and more interested in personalty and character.

Comments are welcome!

2. The C64 also has a reversed headstock to emmulate a mirrored version of McCartney's.
    The V63 has a "normal" headstock.

3. One vote for the v63! Best Ric I have EVER PLAYED (thank you, Jeff Scott)!!!

On a purely aesthetic note; I always thought that the reversed headstock on a righty-bass looked silly. Go with the v63... like these fellas!

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1383006441.209574.

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1383006488.030100.

4. Oops that's right, thanks for adding that!

5. I agree with you however it's nice to have basses that look different and there aren't many opportunities to get a reverse on bass!

6. Indeed!

It's funny, though... I only ever think a Ric with a reversed headstock looks right in the hands of Sir Paul!

7. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I grow organic carrots and they are not for sale
    I prefer the look of the 4004 ....

r4004%20022.