Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

rickenbacker ...what a pulava!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by zazz, Jan 4, 2006.

1. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    after being told i had to wait one to two years for a bulk standard 4003 through the normal channels for hong kong ..i phoned up my old home town and was told it would be on its way tommorow.

"sole" dealership zones ...dont you just love em! :bassist:

thank god for the net!

2. Eh? - That can't be right...2 YEARS?! - were they gonna let you choose the young tree to make it from when its finally grown to size or something?! Now...2 MONTHS is more like it at most!

3. put some pics up when ya get it dude

4. pinto

pinto

Jan 4, 2006
    Calgary, Alberta
    Since Ricks are hand-built in one location, they are more difficult to get. If you order one from a dealer that has none in stock or none on order, you'll wait a long time - especially if you have a custom order or order a model that is not being manufactured this month!

I just ordered a 4003FG from Music123. Should be here in about six weeks.

5. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Be sure to check other large online outlets like MF, SameDay Music, ect. In December, I ordered my 4003 MG on monday and received it that thursday.

6. You're better off getting it from a dealer. If they have none in stock, it can take months to receive... and if Ric doesn't have any in stock, you could be waiting a year or more.

7. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    What do you mean by a dealer? Those mailorder companys are dealers. The warranty card is mailed straight to Rickenbacker.

8. pinto

pinto

Jan 4, 2006
    Calgary, Alberta
    You can't buy a new Rick from anyone but a dealer I thought! Certainly MF and Music123 etc. are Rickenbacker dealers. The only big change in dealerships with Rickenbacker over the last year or so has been that they have dropped Guitar Center as a dealer.

My 4003FG from Music123 is expected in stock on January 10. We'll see how long it takes to get up here to Canada!

9. That comment made me laugh! :D

That's why I got my 4003 off Ebay(crossed my fingers for one week that it would be in nice shape)...it's definately worth the wait though..

10. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    i think the problem is that some of the larger throughput outlets will order in advance in the full knowledge that they will sell...which means that any special orders from the smaller suppliers go to the back of large pre order que. This means some guy who acctually wants a bass right now could in theory be behind a bass for somone who hasnt acctually even decided to play bass yet but in a year or so will!!! think about it.

What gets me is that asia doesnt have any dealerships like music123 which by the way arent allowed to mail out of the usa either.

Rics response is to have an asian sole dealership in japan that feeds the area by mail order which would be cool if they acctually had stock...but they dont so its one to two years wait. Surely rics asain network should have some kind of priority because other than this scource there is no other choice unless you go out of the loop by finding other outlets not in the usa....not easy.

Nice one ric!

when i get my 4003 i will post...although its gonna look like a million other 4003s in jetglo!! :bassist:

11. i bought my 2004 jetlgo 4003 from a store so i had to wait 45 minutes in the car ride home.

haha sorry guys. i never knew rics had such a long wait to get them ordered.

12. zazz

zazz

Feb 27, 2004
    Cebu
    :crying: