1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rickenbacker

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheBasicBassist, Mar 23, 2009.

1. TheBasicBassist

TheBasicBassist

Jan 8, 2009
    Newark, DE
    Endorsing Artist: Rosado Guitars
    so i made a mistake, i unscrewed those big screws over the bridge pup to remove the cover..but now i cant get them back in so that the cover isnt pressing on the strings anymore..

2. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I Grow Organic Carrots
    You need to remove the strings and remove some screws ...

Rickenbackers aren't normal basses ...

Wait until you try to adjust the intonation @#$%^&!

As per that diagram ... I put the screws below the pickup cover or remove the pickup cover alltogether.

3. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Getting the pickup cover back on per the diagram is not as easy as it looks IME. I took mine back to Ric and had them do it....and then I took it off again. I'll just do the same if it needs to go on again.

4. I did not something like that once with the same results as you. Now I just take my gear to the pros. I am terrible at even the smallest of things like that or even small jobs around home. Nothing seems to go right. I screw in a light bulb at home and next thing you know there is a mushroom cloud above our house. :help:

5. mobis.fr

mobis.fr

Jun 2, 2005
    germany
    :eek:
    comon... its not that hard. but otherwise... the economy needs it :smug:

6. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
  7. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny

Mar 14, 2002
    The Signpost Up Ahead.
    Taking it off is no problem. Putting it back on is a royal pain.

8. BigBud

BigBud

Dec 22, 2007
    Lawsonman......thanks a bunch! That is a great site! Don't believe I ever truly understood the use of the Ric-o-sound. Also, the .0047 capacitor bypass is interesting...... wasn't aware my bottomend was being held back. Thanks again. Bud

9. lawsonman

lawsonman

Dec 19, 2005
    NW IL
    Not a problem.Enjoy your Ric!