1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Ricky 4003 fireglo for Ricky 4003 Montezuma Brown

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by panic_striken, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    I am just looking to straight up trade my 2005 model Rickenbacker 4003 Fireglo for another Ric just in the Montezuma Brown. I have all the original stuff including the molded hardshell case.

2. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Would you consider perhaps selling your ric?

3. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    If I do sell it would be around $1050. This thing has been baby'd big time:D

4. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    I have a Monty Brown 4003 (and a Fireglo 4001)...I don't wanna trade - I just wanted to commend you on your taste!

Those Montys are sweet. I bought mine in December 2003 right before they announced the year extention on the Color Of The Year. That kinda bugged me, but anyway - good luck on your quest!

5. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    can ya post a pic of it?!?!? I love the Ric sound and playability. I just wasn't real familiar with Ric color options before I purchased. I thought they only offered what is common.......like what's on Musiciansfriend:p

6. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    kind of a roundabout way but here ya go...

click here:
    http://www.rickbeat.com/

Click "Gallery"

Scroll down not even a quarter of the way down & choose "Chris Poteat". there you'll find all of my Rick basses. Be warned - my bad photography skills do my basses no justice.

7. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Ok, I am offically stalking you now, and I will have the Monty!!!!!!!:p

8. Hey panicstricken, were's the strings that went with that bass I got from you? If you say your going to include stuff then do so. I overlooked not getting the case, and I didn't say anything about the pickups not being hooked up, but at least drop the strings in the mail. Also, if you answer my pm's I wouldn't have to post here.

9. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    Ok, first off I was hoping you would have looked a little harder in the packing. The strings were still in the original manila envelope that I got them in, and not inside the gig bag. You probobally chuncked them out with the box!!!!! Second, I was up front about not getting the hardshell. You knew well before hand that it would be in a Warwick Rockbag at the price we agreed on. Lastly, I was wanting to sell the bass w/ the Aero pups. So, I had to disconnect the Aero's, which was a favor to you, just to ship it. I am not a sodering expert so instead of messing up a mint bass I left them to be professionally set up. I by no means said that I would do that on my dime!!!!!!!! So, get your stuff straight before you try to slander peoples names:mad:

10. When you buy a bass you expect to have it in working condition unless otherwise implied, right? You should of said it wasn't hooked up so I'd know I needed to pay a bass tech to wire it, then I would of got one some where else for that price that already worked. Just went through the old pm's and dont see anything about not including the case but here's your reply to the original pm on the strings I sent you, I'm sure a mod can check it out by looking into my pm and they have my permission.

Private Message: Re: Tracking #
    02-28-2006, 03:05 AM
    panic_striken
    Registered User Join Date: Oct 2005

Re: Tracking #

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tattooed
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by panic_striken
    UPS # 1z310x420344747463

(My reply to the tracking number)

Don't see the extra strings, you remember where you put them before you shipped?

(your reply to my question)

Ummmmmmmmm, yeah those are sitting right on top of my computer cabinet. Gimme your addy again and I'll drop them in the mail to ya. I got two 5 strings............so that set of strings ain't doin' me any good

Next time you deal with someone send what you say you are and this won't happen, or at least reply to the pm and say you don't plan on sending the stuff.

11. panic_striken

panic_striken

Oct 13, 2005
    The set of strings that was on my cabinet was a 5 string set of Ernie Ball flats that went with a Warwick I just traded. That is why I didn't reply to your PM. My wife informed me that she had put those in the box seperate from the bass because she knew they went with it. As far as the bass.........is it not working??? If I'm not mistaken all it was missing was 2 maybe 3 soders??? You know I have traded basses on this board 8 times in 10 months, and this is the only complaint that I've had. Dude you got an active Warwick Corvette that was less than a year old for $625.

12. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Anti-tort heathen Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    take it to PM. or feedback

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.