1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ricky bass copies?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bigmuff113, Jul 7, 2012.

1. bigmuff113

bigmuff113

Jul 4, 2012
    San Antonio
    Anyone have any old or new Rick copies? Me or my bassist can't justify the cost of a real Rick.

2. SBassman

SBassman

Jun 8, 2003
    Northeast, US
    Why not just buy what you Can afford?
    Why a Ric?

3. jgroh

jgroh

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    The decent copies are not cheap either! There have been some recent chinese Ric-like basses but I wouldnt count on them to sound like a real one. The good copies from the 70's go used for at least $700+ in good condition.

4. bigmuff113

bigmuff113

Jul 4, 2012
    San Antonio
    We like Rics.

5. bigmuff113

bigmuff113

Jul 4, 2012
    San Antonio
    I figure if I put Real Ric pickups in it I have a better approximation at the tone. To me, blend and Ric o sound don't matter. We like the look feel and the tone, but are willing to compromise.

6. Tokai make a Ric copy called a Rockinbetter (in Europe) or a Rebelrocker (in Australia). They can be had new for less than $900 in Australia. A lot cheaper than $3000 + that a Ric sells for here. I'm not sure about their availability in the States though.