Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ricky Help

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, May 4, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I recently highted the action on my Rickenbacker 4003 bass because when I was slapping the string was hitting the pickup and that cover thingy over the 2nd pickup, is this normal? Can I lower the pickups?

Also the normal output not the rick'o'sound doesn't hold my cable very tightly it wouldn't fall out but when I move it makes a noise like it's not fully touching the contact.

Any one got any ideas on what I should do.

2. Can' help you with that pickup clearance thing but the output jack is easy. Get inside the cavity and carefully bend the prong on the jack that touches the center (tip) of your plug. Bend it towards the tip. Then insert your cable and check it for tight.

3. erik II

erik II

Jul 11, 2000
    Oslo, Norway
    I have a 4001 but I believe this applies to the 4003 as well: The pickups are mounted with springs - you can see them on the bridge pickup. You can lower the pickups by turning the mounting screws counter-clockwise.