Ricky Minor

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by DWBass, Mar 9, 2005.

1. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Anybody catch the BET Gospel Concert show last night? Ricky Minor has one hellova killer band. I usually see him playing Ken Smith's but last night he was rocking a Sadowsky and playing his ass off as usual!
  2. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I missed when it aired originally. I have been trying to catch it when they rerun. I play a lot of gospel and I always check those shows out for the live house band and Ricky is usually the one running the show. He is in high demand and rightfully so.
  3. DblG

Apr 27, 2005
    Buffalo, NY
    Just thought I'd bump this since AI is running again. :p
    As I sit with my wife watching this every week, she just rolls her eyes :rolleyes: and gets a little perturbed everytime I hit the "skip back" button to hear a bass line again because it was so cool. Or in the rare instance where you can see the band in the background and I'll pause it to try to see what bass he is playing... Ricky Minor makes sitting through AI a pleasant experiance for me.:smug:

4. He's been using the Smith and the Sadowsky so far on AI.
  5. SharkB8

May 29, 2002
    Man...I thought I was the only one. My wife tries to be patient, but his lines are just too sick...I don't really care who's singing (mostly) I'll just tune into Ricky's lines and I'm gone...man that guy is one MONSTER player.
  6. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    He is very versatile...
  7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    One of the coolest things about Whitney Houston was that she almost always had Ricky as a bandleader, and the bands he would put together would just smoke!
  8. You should check him with Jamie Fox on www.aol.com under videos I think!