Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ricky Showalter, Liquid Soul no longer

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by MarkMcCombs, Mar 18, 2003.

1. In case you're a fan of Liquid Soul like I am, I just got an email from Ricky saying that he's no longer in the band, what a bummer.

And in case you haven't heard of him and you think I'm writing about my favorite local band, Ricky has been featured in BassPlayer and Bassics, and has been nominated for a grammy with Liquid Soul.

Mark

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Whoa! What happened, did he just up and quit? He can make a Ken Smith sing!

3. I dunno, he just said watch the latest "Behind the Music" on VH1 and insert LS into the the band that they're talking about. This really has me bummed, as I never got to see them live.....

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Do you have any of their live stuff? If not, PM me.

5. I think one of the cds I have is recorded live, either Make Some Noise or Here's the Deal. Is this what you're referring to?

Mark

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    I think it's "make some niose". So their story is similar to the band on VH1's BTM?

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Bummer!!!! I really liked Liguid Soul and Ricky's playing.......I was a little disappointed in thier last C.D. tho.