1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ridiculous hype, or substantial claim?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sound Chaser, Mar 24, 2009.

1. Sound Chaser

Sound Chaser

Mar 19, 2005
    Lockport, NY
  2. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    "Unquestionably the best" is the very definition of hype. The speakers may be great, but the words "unquestionable" and "best" are antithetical to logic, critical thinking, science, and suitability for all people.

3. uaudio

uaudio

Apr 11, 2008
    Arizona
    citation needed

4. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    Eh...it's a press release.

Written by the manufacturer, and distributed to the press. Would you rather it said, "Absolutely almost just the same as any other speaker made."?

5. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    Absolutely false. My bass speakers are generally accepted by most independent observers to be the best.

Seriously though, they appear to be nice speakers with good xmax's.

6. DukeLeJeune

DukeLeJeune rational romantic mystic cynical idealist Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 24, 2008
    Princeton, Texas
    Owner & designer, AudioKinesis; Auth. mfg, Big E (Home Audio only)
    The Premium Lite series have very good specs and a somewhat scooped frequency response. The latter is not what I would look for personally in a speaker, but I think that's the Jensen signature sound so I'm sure it has a lot of appeal.

7. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Are these the best bass speakers ever made?

There, I've questioned it. So much for the unquestionable. I haven't even been struck down without warning by the angry hand of the speaker gods, so their claim is obv

8. Stromrider

Stromrider

Feb 16, 2008
    CT, USA
    The premium lites won't beat the Kappalite's (3012LF, 3015LF) from Eminence on xmax, let alone usability. I don't see any prices anywhere though.

9. Mo'Phat

Mo'Phat Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2003
    San Diego, CA, USA
    LOL.

I see what you did th

10. zagnut

zagnut

Jan 4, 2009
    Back in Detroit
    Agreed.
    The highest Xmax is 6mm on the S15K4, compared to the 9.6mm on the 3015LF. Not to mention outrageously priced!
    S15K4 - $419.95
    I could but 3 3015LF's for that! Or 1 single 15 that would completely blow this away.

More prices -
    Classic Series

Standard Lite Series

Premium Lite Series

For the price of the 15" classic, I'd get the Martin sound 1844. For the price of either Lite series, I'd get the 3015LF and a couple of 12 packs.

11. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois

:p