1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

RIdiculous price on these new Ashdown Neo 410T cabinets!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thedude77md, Feb 29, 2008.

1. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Dear God.

2. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I 'met' the ashdown guys at NAMM this year - they were so snotty & rude. They can have their 4x10.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    It better make me breakfast after giving it to me there...

4. wave rider

wave rider

Jan 5, 2005
    Weak dollar?

=wr=

5. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Another product to add to the "Will Never Buy No Matter How Good It Is" list. And I thought $1100 was ridiculous for a 4x10.

6. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    UK wages and benefits are more costly than in some other parts of the world (just like in the USA). If I have the money and the gear is good, I don't mind paying the extra for a UK or USA made product to help keep USA and UK workers employed. There are plenty of cheaper cabs to choose from if you don't want to spend that kind of cash for a cab.

That reminds me, anyone ever watch the cash cab show? :D

7. Hi.

Well, perhaps not the same cab, but the SRP of the Ashdown NEO 410H is 1512,74€ and also translates to ~2269$ US.

Yeah, the weak $ is one thing, but there's plenty of others as well.

After 15 or so years I'm going to build some DIY cabs again. Something that's not commercially available. I'll make a thread about it when the time comes, but those won't be cheap. That's something I know already.

My rule of thumb for 4*10 has been 1/3 for the drivers, 1/3 for the bare box and 1/3 for the assembly, fittings and covering.

BTW what on earth are the "decompression holes in the cone"?

Regards
    Sam

8. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago
    obsurd price, especially since ashdown puts out a lot of cheap and not so hefty cabs as it is, and they sound good!

i think from a business standpoint it would have made much more sense to put out alower priced neo cab to compete with the likes of gallien kruegers neo stuff rather than trying to dabble in the price category of bergentino IP cabs and glockenlang stuff. dumb move ashdown.

9. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    It seems like Ashdown is following the Marshall Amps model. They are producing a highend line in the UK and all the rest are manufactured overseas. They couldn't afford to manufacture an econo line of bass gear in the UK and make a profit. Their alternative would have been to move everything offshore like Ampeg did. With the UK built high end gear, they don't have to have a very high volume to make it work.

10. stevethebassguy

stevethebassguy

Feb 3, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Endorsing Artist, MonoCase, Aguilar Amplification
    Yikes!!!!

and it's still 80 pounds!!

11. gismo

gismo

Oct 11, 2005
    La Mirada, CA
    Well...King Elizabeth can keep her stuff..

12. VicDamone

VicDamone

Jun 25, 2000
    I agree, it makes perfect sense to offer your markets, high end and affordable lines, a product that fits individual needs and wants. The logic is much easier seen in instrument manufacture.

I'm hoping that's what the company (Guitar Center?) that's bringing back the acoustic nameplate will do.

Re: The New 360 UpDate? #4 [-]

(01/24/08 07:44:12)

More
    Vetchking here:

Geroge and Co.,
    If you have time how about an update on your progress with the 360.

The 360/361 is moving right along. Russ Allee The Godfather of Electric Bass Amplification has once again out done himself. The new 360 is awsome. We hit a few snags in the manufacturing arena, but all have been fixed and we're moving forward. Soon we will be taking advance orders. I suggest you all buy one, talk about a collectors item. WOW.

Have you passed the UL yet?

The UL is coming up fast.

Are youu going to have a web site for your new products?

Yes, The web site has been over 80% done for a long time, We're waiting till we are satisifed before we open it up.

Will you be offering a cab?

If you are asking if a cab is a 4 x 10, 2 x 10, 1 x 15, etc. The answer is yes. Myself and my VP of Design Mark Jamieson and my VP. "Smokin" Joe Cusick will be testing finished product in the next week or so.

If you can let us in on the details as you have our support and best wishes.

We appreciate any and all support, so thany you all.

mybad

You might want to check out the posting of acoustic is coming back, There's lots of information there as well as some insite to members of the board.

Have a Great one......... Later

13. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Endorsing Artist: Genzler Amplification/Spector Basses/Mojo Hand FX
    You can find a good deal on the older Ashdown ABM 410H cabs...and they sound fantastic (imo). I picked one up a couple of years ago for about $400 in almost new shape...great sounding 8 ohm 4x10.