1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ridiculously Beautiful Foliage In Connecticut This Year (Pics)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bryan R. Tyler, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Lots of folks visit Connecticut during the fall because we usually have some pretty spectacular foliage. I've lived in CT for pretty much my entire life so I'm used to them, but this year's foliage is the most beautiful I think I've ever seen. It may be due to all the rain we had this year (27 days of rain in June or something like that), but for whatever reason, the sheer variety of colors and gradations between them this year is astounding. It's like someone poured a bowl of Fruity Pebbles onto Spring. Here's a few pics of just my backyard/woods and a couple down the street from me. Believe it or not, a lot of the places around here are way prettier right now than what's in my yard.

Some pics:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Very nice. I'd grab my camera and shoot some of the foliage around here if it weren't pouring.

3. Beautiful place Bryan! October colors are beautiful in the northern states - same here in WA.

4. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Here's what we have over here, took the pic 1 hour or so ago.
    SDC10415.

sad but true, and yeah, sucky pic.

5. Wow! Just makes me want to move more and more. I live in Vegas, all we see is dirt. :/ Its either hot or cold (remember our cold is different to your cold. We are not use to snow, we are use to 100+ degree weather. So when it gets below 65 we break out the jackets) and about 4 weeks total of nice weather. :( I still don't know why i choose to do football in that weather.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I'm envious. I seriously prefer cooler climates, and it's getting worse every year. I barely made it through summer without going crazy.

7. Bett

Bett

Jan 27, 2008
    CT
    I live in CT too, but I don't think we've had very nice autumn colors here. Everything's just going from green to yellow to brown. Not very many reds or oranges like usual. Usually when we're driving west on Rt. 84 towards Hartford, there'd be some really nice autumn foliage on the hills. This year I just haven't seen anything that special though.

8. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Well, southeast CT is rockin' it :D I've never seen so many pink leaves.

9. Here in Central Massachusetts the colors are more vivid and beautiful than I can recall. I've seen more reds around than at any time I can remember. It's gotta be the rainy summer, and that hot spell we had towards the end of August. It's a great time to be living in New England - DD has the pumpkin coffee and donuts, the colors are gorgeous, the Pats are winning, a great time to be here!:D

10. I agree, this year was great. I usually don't pay too much attention to the leaves, but this year was spectacular.

11. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    It's kinda sad that I didn't took any pictures but it was beautiful over here before the snow, a lot of yellow, red and orange, but we get that every year it's not really un-usual over here at least.

oh and: fall_foliage.

12. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    I would like to live in NE one day. Only problem is that I like the Jets, Rangers, Knicks and Yankees

:D

13. DesertCreature

DesertCreature

May 19, 2009
    Phx, AZ
    Looks great from the air too.

14. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    Noce images, Bryan. I was just in Connecticut for a week and shot a bunch of pics of the scenery and foliage. Once I get them sorted, I'll post some.

15. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Some pictures in the Geneva area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    went for a drive in one of our Wisconsin State Parks yesterday and shot these

IMGP1829a.
    IMGP1834a.
    IMGP1804a.
    IMGP1814a.
    IMGP1810a.
    IMGP1808a.

17. emor

emor

May 16, 2004
    kcmo
    IMG_3943copy.

IMG_3934copy.

IMG_3935copy.

IMG_3937copy.

18. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    Wow, those are pretty. I was so wrapped up in school that I never got to go see the aspens turn this year. :(

19. Thunderitter

Thunderitter Bass - the final frontier! Supporting Member

Jun 6, 2007
    USA
    My backyard this weekend. The only thing I hate about this time of year is what comes next.....winter :(

DSC_4695.

DSC_4675.

20. Looks like my backyard.