1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ridiculousness...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by birminghambass, May 20, 2011.

1. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
  2. Gatortail1

Gatortail1

Feb 5, 2011
    That's clearly a bass for left handers...which is self explanatory. :)

3. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    California
    I'm gonna guess three volumes and a tone.

4. Rebop

Rebop

Jul 9, 2008
    La Honda, CA
    I want one. I usually dislike the way a lot of electric basses sit in the mix on the D and more so the G. Something really wimpy about it. Having a pickup up by the neck like that solves most of the problems with the D+G IMO.
    However, I sold my Roscoe SKB-3006 because I was only playing my late 60's EB-0. The upper register of the Roscoe got completely lost in the mix due to the location of the neck pickup and scale length (IMO those 'neck' pickups are actually 'middle' pickups. Most basses unfortunately do not have a true neck pickup which stinks). Every note on a bass with one of them pickups will make your bones vibrate instead of just moving a lot of air.

It would totally make sense if it was V/V/V/T for the knob config as datsgor said. What puzzles me more is what the mirror thing is next to the tone knob.