Riding the Rust?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BoognishMang, Nov 15, 2004.

1. HAO Rust Ride
    Has anyone used one of these?

How does it compare to the Fulltone Bass Drive?
  2. prismacolor2

Nov 6, 2003
    I tried one and it sounded really harsh. I know there are folks who like 'em though around here. There was a thread about them a while ago. Try a search maybe.
  3. sorry, i dunno how i missed it on my first search... :smug:
  4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I love mine. With my Corvette I can get a everything from Flea's tone on Around the World to Geezer's on NIB.

That being said, if I could own only one OD I would choose my Blueberry over the RR. The Blueberry is less extreme and preserves and enhances your clean tone, the Rust Ride is really aggressive (but never harsh, i.e. ODB3)

The Rust Ride is perfect at what it does, i.e. The whole SVT-cranked-to-11 type sound.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I have one, and like the tone a lot. The one problem is that it robs a lot of your lows. But if you have a way to use the direct output on the pedal and combine it with the wet signal, you can get full on distortion AND keep your lows. I had a Loooper with an extra input and a blend control made especially for this pedal, and it works like a champ.
  6. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I bought a Rist Ride the week they where available to north america, not may people know this but it was designed in with the help of Keisuke Nishimoto. He is an abiosultly amazing bass player, and it is part of his tone...

I love mine, and if you know how to use it - you can sometimes boost the lows... Its more in-depth that its 1 knob 1 switch aperance lets on....