Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by frankencow150, Nov 17, 2001.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    my teacher has this little machine thing(a little bigger than an average pedal) called the riff-o-matic.its by AKAI.you've probably heard of it before.you can hook it up to cd players,tape players,and i think even computers,and record around 30 seconds and slow it down,speed it up etc...i wanna get this for christmas but theres other stuff i want too.are there any cheaper ones,and what does everyone think of the AKAI riff-o-matic????thanks
  2. I think this is better suited in the effects forum.
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    download or pass the cds to mp3 and then slow them up with software like Transcribe! and others... if you get the key generator it can all be FREE
  4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    the better thing about the riff-o-matic is that u can take it anywhere u want.also the transribe thing is confusing,i have it but i dont use it much becuase u can only use it for the 2nd and 3rd songs off cd's and i dont know how to get the key generator.i was wondering if anyone knew any other products like the riff-o-matic but cheaper,or whatu think of the riff-o-matic.thanks though,buhbye
  5. ahh, illegal key generators... the moment I use one, the first thing that goes into my head is "Chris, you just stole $50":p
  6. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    key generators:what are they,how do i get them,and how do i work them???
  7. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

It sounds like one of those things you used to get in really awful adverts - like from Ronco?

Buy the Riff - o - Matic today - "multi action pumpo" "music gizmo!" :D
  8. lo-end

Jun 15, 2001

The Riff-O-Matic... "Just Set It and Forget It!" :D

I use a Korg Bass Pandora for all my slowing down needs. I think it was like $200. But Im still interested in getting something on my computer that can do this for me...
  9. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    on the riff-o-matic u can take out just the bass so all u hear is the bass,i think u can do it with guitar too.does anybody know how to do that with anything else,and the riffomatic is 140