Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rig aesthetic mods

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by LarryO, Jun 21, 2004.

1. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    Do you guys do any mods to your rig for aethetic reasons? I remove as many labels from my amp and cabs as I can. I'd love to make a new face plate for my amp.......anyone have a sheet metal shop? What aesthetic mods do you guys do?

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    ive seen a few bigger bands remove all the labels from their gear and scratch the company's name off their headstock. They think they are big enough that they dont want to advertise a company unless they are getting paid for it. I can understand this, although it doesnt matter to me. The more people that see me playing musicmans and ampegs, the more business id like to send them. My guitar player took an old tube 2x12 guitar amp, covered it with red velour and found and old mustang grill logo on ebay and put it on the front of his amp. He got alot of compliments on it.

3. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    I painted the grill of my speaker silver. I don't think I'd really do anythign more substantial than that to my rig. I liek to keep things looking pretty much stock, but that's just me.

travis

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    I put Eden logos on all my speakers.

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc

me too...i took off one of the newer style black badges off of my d115xlt and put an older style gold one on there...i was thinking about painting my grilles green...that would be kinda neat-o

6. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I once had a Crate 210 cab (I was a poor college student). I modified the badge so that I then had an "Irate" cab.

:D

7. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    on that note, i played with USC's (south carolina, not SoCal) drumline, and we took all of the "LUG's" off othe drums...that is to say we took the 'L' 'U' and 'G' off of the 'LUDWIG' label on the heads so that they read 'DWI' :rolleyes: yeah, i know...juvenile...but our percussion instructor was 'irate' when we told him that someone had removed all of the 'LUG's' from the drums right before a show :D

8. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I put "What Would Munji Do?" stickers all over my amps.

9. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I have Mugen stickers on the front of my cab with Japanese writing on the sides and blue lights that glow underneath them. You should see all the chicks I pull.

:ninja:

;)

10. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Ha maik, that's fully sik!

:)

11. I re-did the grilles of my SVT cabs and amp in OxBlood grillecloth once.

Looked friggin killer.

12. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

What, no chrome coffee can port extensions? :cool:

13. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    and what about one of those decompression thingy's that make a "swoosh" noise when you change gears that resembles a toilet flush?

14. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    Lots of stickers. I'm thinking of replacing my rack lights with black lights.

15. odie

odie Supporting Member

Funny I put crate and harmony on all my gear that way they are not stolen.

I have some hi grade amp with my Eden...I mean...Crate....oh and my Modulus sounds pretty good......did I say that?? I meant Harmony.