Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rig change: ampeg svt3pro to warwick, art,... pre+power amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by broerevb, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Hi guys!

I'm playing my svtIII-pro for about seven years now, paired to two svt410he's, and now I feel like moving on. It never let me down on stage, I loved the tube feel, quite flexible (lots of eq), but I'd like something that also can give me a nice clean sound from time to time. The ampeg has always a tiny bit of distortion somewhere.
    Now I think of going the preamp-power amp route, easy to upgrade later on, and for the moment I could ease on power amp costs. The warwick quadruplet and art pro channel already caught my eye, as being reasonable priced and (I suppose) quite versatile. Are these two up to the ampeg? Any suggestions?

Secondly, I'm also thinking of swapping cabs to something more compact, a 2x10 plus 15 setup or something. The 410he's have their signature sound, cut well on stage, but ain't that flexible and are quite heavy. Again the warwick path: the w-211 and w-115 are quite affordable here. Any advice?

Oh, and some stores are getting rid of the warwick pro tube ix (2x450 watt, 2 channel tube/ss) and quad vi (quadruplet pre, 600watt), so that's also an option!

Hm, maybe it's a problem of warwick-GAS...

Thanks for the reading!
    Greetings,
    Tom ;)