Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rig is Complete!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DirtDog, Mar 24, 2003.

1. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    After much TB Amp forum reading and research and after much bargain hunting, I finally have my rig together - nothing exotic: a used SM400s and a used WM410T, but I like it. I put it the head into a 4-space SKB rack and will fill the extra 1U with a power conditioner/light unit. No pix yet, but soon. Total cost - around $1500 CDN.

Thanks to all the contributors to the Amps forum over the last several months - it has certainly been interesting reading...

DD, out.

2. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I was the same way. My rig is almost complete (maybe some cab issues in the future). The TBr's helped me out alot as well with my decision on what pre-amp/power-amp rig to go with. Good luck!

3. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    g4s: and you've got a mighty nice setup there yourself...

I just couldn't bring myself to part with all that money for the Pro SWR rig, though - that's at least $3500-4000 Canadian.

So, I managed to find a "classic" amp, a workhorse cab and the sound that I wanted at a reasonable price...

DD