1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

RIG OF DOOM (the rig to end all rigs)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by burk48237, Feb 23, 2005.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I finally have the set up I have longed for sense I started doing this back in the day's of Chicago's third Album(1973- for you youg-uns). With the purchase of my LDS 2 X 10 neo and it's edition to my setup, I can bleed ears and and actually hear differences between the notes!! No mud, just shake your booty bass tones! One quick note to all of you amp shoppers out there, 300 watts of Eden power is a lot of power, I can play any room in Detroit accept the stadiums with this set up! I can't turn it above six in my house (gain at 4, bass pre at 7) too much pain in a good way! So here it is: Sadowsky Metro RV5 or Pedulla Buzz or (MIA Jazz Deluxe 4-not picured) into Rapco A/B box to Boss TU5 to EBS multi-comp to EBS octave to TC chorus-flanger to Line 6 DL4 (On Furman Pedalboard) to Avalon U5 to Eden Traveler (old origional 300 watt) to LDS 2 X 10 Neo and Eden 410T (origional drivers) Both the LDS and the Eden are very efficient cabs, also I find the effects are mostly used with the frettless. I did a review of the LDS on Harmony central , will be posting a mini review here. NOW IF I COULD JUST GET A DECENT GIG!!!!!!

2. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

nice set-up !

{ just don't kid yourself about the end of G.A.S. , there is no absolute cure for this affliction . }

3. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
  4. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Better Photo's, By the way your right GAS is permanent, but I can;t imagine a different bass like Swami says the Metro is "the one" , now that dosen't preclude buying another one someday (Sadowsky that is). Also I still love the Buzz!

5. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    The room is rumbling so hard that the camera fell on its side! Awesome!

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Nice! I thought that you would be happy with your LDS cab. How do you think the Selenium tweeter compares to the Eden tweet?

7. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    A little cleaner deffinently more high end, like I said i had to back it off. I probobly like the low mids better on the Eden and the overall warmth is better on the Eden, but it's a 4 X 10 and weighs more then twice as much! (costed almost twice as much 10 years ago) The LDS has better high mids and a little tighter low end, both excellent cabs, and I would have a tough time chosing if I could only have one.

8. Cliff Bordwell

Cliff Bordwell Commercial User

Jan 6, 2004
    USA , Orlando , Florida
    Owner of CB BASSES
    Very Nice!

9. cb56

cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Ozarks
    I don't get it. What does this have to do with Chicago's IIIrd album? btw they are in Nashville working on number 30 as we speak. Nice rig btw :D

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oooo, avalon. very nice. heh.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    That is a sweet rig bro. I like the Eden representation.

-Mike

12. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    To Mr. Turner, Ditto on the Avalon, If I had to start form scratch it would be the Metro and the Avalon, and MJ, the Eden stuffs been with me a long time, and it's just great stuff. That was the first year Traveler so it's at least 10-12 years old, the only service it's recieved is preamp tube replacement! I don't think you can get better stuff unless you spend A LOT more money!

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I agree with you on that. This is the first time in years that I have not owned any Eden gear, and I am really missing it. I'll be coming back to it soon, and most likely the exact same amp you have.

-Mike

14. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I was referring to just the tweeters. I have heard some Selenium tweeters that really impressed me.

15. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    As far as the tweeters , the sellinium seems more Hi-Fi and is a lot hotter,volume wise then the Eden. I really had to back it off when I plugged in, as the high end just seemed to "jump" out of Don's cab. There booth very smooth though, neither one seems "brittle", my big hang up with some tweeters.

16. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I was playing at a friends place wednesday in a jam and noticed something else not only is this thing loud, but the LDS using the long throw drivers projects like H#%*@. And, I might start another thread with this one, How many guys mix and match cabinets from different manufactors? I think It might be a great idea in the sense you might be able to get the best of two different makers,as long as they can stack and the impedence matchs, why not? For instance would a too brite and a too warm cab saound great together? I like both of my cabs seperate, but they both have different charecteristics, together I seem to get the best of both worlds.

17. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021