Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rig Pictures.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Microbass, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Woop.
    Trace Elliot 2x10, 1518c (early 90s model), 280W GP12SMX (carpeted sleeve), AH250 GP12SMX (unsleeved and kinda broken..).

I used the crossover and got an amazing sound, and magically loud. Hit the hipass switch and boosted the signal to the 15. Holy crap!

The 1518c isn't quite what I'm looking for, but I've managed to get a good sound now so I'm feeling better about that. I'll keep it going for another few months then I shall be ditching it for either a new Trace cab or something else that may tickle my pickle (unlikely:p).

I won't be biamping for gigging, was just an experiment :)
    Won't get to gig the full stack until the 2nd Oct tho.. :(

Attached Files:

2. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    thats wicked!i like trace stacks they look cool lol. are those or atleast one of those a gibson g3?those basses are excellent. What do they sound like through th trace stack?and also the sound that gets produced which band does it sound like the most?

3. i like to think my sound as fairly unique. its a pretty cool mix!
    i have a G3 (black headstock) and a Grabber - natural headstock!

plug: www.myspace.com/ripped0ff - all are g3.
    the song "heads up thumbs down" here: www.purevolume.com/therip0fs is the grabber :)

hope you like :) my sound changes a lot, its a bit more tighter on the low end these days. The trace gear gives everything that I want! I think maybe a Pbass would complete me to let me do everything I'd ever want to, but I don't really need it. I'm 90% gas free! :eek:

4. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    sounds pretty cool, can easily tell that it is going through a trace. I would say your sound is pretty unique, the only change i would make would be to have a bit more lows in there, but it still sounds pretty cool. the 2nd link is taking a while to load so ill try again later.

do you know of any g3 users?apart from mike dirnt?that are in the same sort of style/genre.

5. The guy from thrice I believed used a Grabber for most of one of their albums (the one with send me an angel??) thru an SVT. Not sure on that, I just know he did!

Kris from Nirvana used a Ripped, which is similiar but more versatile on one of their records. There are a few punk rockers around teh US that have used/use them but I can't think of them off the top of my head! Try a search in the basses and bassist forums :)

[edit] since my sound is DI'ed from my pre its a bit more high end, speakers always give me that extra oomph on the lows! :) but now my EQ has changed a lot for my different set up and venues..

6. basspunk2005

basspunk2005

Jan 31, 2005
    England UK
    ah right cool, i have always wanted a g3, i have seen a lot of mike dirnt using one and i thought it just sounded perfect with the situation it was in. O yea the bloke from nirvana used a ripper yea i remember now:D how much did u get the trace 2x10 for?

7. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I believe Rick Danko from The Band, used a Grabber....

8. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Nice sound man, I love how it is waaay up front in your punk band. It must be a lot less fun for the poor guitarist.

9. I picked up my 2x10 for £180. Apart from two small cig burns its PERFECT! I'd say that was a good price for it in the UK... Except I ended up spending £90 on petrol (stupid mapquest told me the location was in N england... not southern england on THE BORDER!).

10. Shhsssss, dont call him a punk, he hates that :p

It looks good tho, hope you enjoyed your party instead of sending the pics ya bam !

I'm betting the 15 will grow on you tho ;) , they are need a bass amp for the gig in the Doghouse next month, you should bring it up :)

11. Yeah, I'll be bringing the whole rig for that show :) Really not comfortable having it on the go for 11 hours tho! :eek:

just as well we got a bigger car to dirve up there in... :)