Rig Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SuperDuperStar, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Looking to put something like this togther. Reason for the size is to maintain clarity in situations where more volume is needed. I want to keep it modular as well so that is can be used in smaller venues and low volume practice situations. Any help or recomendations on alternative peices would be welcome.

Ok here is the proposed rig:

Furman power contioner
    Korg DTR 1
    Aguilar DB 680 Tube Bass pre amp
    Into 2
    Aguilar DB728 Tube Bass Poweramps
    one powering 2 4x10's(or 2x10's)
    one powering 2 1x15(or18's)
    Cab make undecided (thinking aguilar, swr, or?????)

Also I am having trouble finding info on a good rack mount compressor to fit into the mix.

Most likely will be runnin my Sadowsky 5 thru this when it get assembled.

2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

...Eden, Genz Benz, Ampeg...

A step up from those listed above (in both price and quality): Bergantino, Epifani, EA.
  3. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    Since you're doin the rock thing, and you obviously like Aguilar - i'd suggest going with the 410 & 115 Aggie cabs.

But DAAAAAMN. That's some serious cash you're shellin.
  4. snailplow

snailplow Leon Phelps Wanna Be

Dude,you've some serious G.A.S. issues.
  5. Right now I'm running a BN4 thru an eden roadrunner and 410xlt and when you are going up against a marshall half stack on one side and a Mesa triple rec half stak plus twin reverb on the other. Sooo when the these idots(read guitar players) crank it up to get into their sweet spots on thier amps I'm looking at both gain and master volume at about 8 or 9 producing that lovely farting tone. For the time being I am going to be getting an ampeg 8x10 for my svt classic to keep up. I'm just looking to get something that will be able to get the volume and keep the clarity.

I don't plan on getting all peices at one time. Probably starting off with the pre, one power amp and two of the cabs. Then eventually picking the rest up as we aquire a booking agent and get into the larger venues and so on. All which will hopefully happen sooner than later
  6. vanselus

Sep 20, 2000
    Boulder, CO
    There's both and Aguilar pre & power amp on ebay right now...
  7. rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    Consider getting a PA sufficient to take everything into the mix and cut back on the stage volume.
  8. but it also is going to be a matter of rehearsal volume. The lead just came from a breakup of a major lable band and partial deal with mesa. So he's got massive power and I've got get the volume, but don't want to sacrifice sound. At the venues we'll be playing the PA's will be supplied(we don't play off the floor :) ) but occasionally the stage volume will be a little over whelming. I'm also looking at making this modular so when its time to play the clubs, two cabs and one power amp will do, but when larger venues come I'll have the power and volume needed. Also standing infront of four cabs just looks cool. :cool: :bassist:

As far as ebay is concerned I'm not looking at getting this until mid summer. And I'm hoping to get some funds thru the gigs to pay for a bit of it.
  9. Aggie Pre into Power of your choice (a LOT of it probably about 1400 Watts plus X 2 into 2 ohms) dbx 160 for compressor, Avalon U5 DI for those gigs with house system out to a pair of Bergantino HT212 cabs and a pair of Bergantino HT210's. VOLUME, CLARITY AND PUNCH in a rig you can play in ANY situation you can have thrown at you...tone to die for and can use this rig in any type band situation....