Rig too Loud

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by matthewfoote, May 22, 2005.

1. I had to share this, my puny 200 watts into my 2 Accugroove Tri 112Ls were too loud for a very loud practice :D.

They had to turn me down in the front mix.

Thanks Mark [Accugroove] and Accoustic Image. You guys Rock :bassist:

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I don't understand. A front mix for a practice????? Please tell me it isn't so.
  3. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Doesn't the clarus put out 300 watts at 2 ohms? Or were you using your Accugrooves at 8ohm setting?
  4. Eric Moesle
    Yes there was a FOH mix at practice, as we are getting ready for some back to back gigs. We do use it at most practices so that we are used to the sound and have no suprises on the night when we gig. It is however very loud. Earplugs are worn by myself at all times.

The Accugroove Tri 112L's are only 8ohm and do not have the famous accuswitch so with both cabs my clarus runs at 4 ohms and not 2. Still a Focus or the slave amp might do the trick.

However one of the reasons I am leaving this band is the sheer volume which is unnecessary. Although it is fun :D
  5. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    We also do a FOH at each practice... the sound man is easily the twelfth band member... I can't even begin to tell you how much this helps when playing live, as everything is basically dialed and just needs minor 'room' tweaking. He also records most practices... You just haven't experienced embarrassment until your channel is played back solo through the monitors :D

6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I gig at least twice a week. I agree that a soundman is easily as important as a bandmember, but "minor room tweaks" is being a bit naive. Its total renewed EQ for each venue. Heck, even my indvidual monitor sounds different from night to night, even with the exact same equipment and EQ settings "dialed in" from the night before.

I've found the best and most productive rehearsals are the quiet ones. High volume masks errors and sloppiness. IMO, THAT'S probably why your solo'd channel is so surprising on tape.