Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by haujobb, Jan 9, 2006.

1. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    1. LDS 2x15+2x6
    2. QSC PlX2402
    3. Ampeg SVP-BSP

How do you think this rig would sound for metal? Any other options that you think would be better?

Thanks everyone :D

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    It would be pretty good; the only think I can imagine to improve it would be a tube power section. Then again, if you aren't a tube guy this is an awesome rig. You getting the neo drivers in the LDS?

3. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Most likey going with Neo drivers.

A tube power amp would be nice, I've toyed with picking up a Peavey Classic 100:100 or a Mesa 2:90.

Aggy's tube power amp, DB750 I think, is wayyyyyy out of my price range.

4. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Ya bastard! :D

I guess it is a pretty sweet rig. Could diffinately drown out the guitarist, and run him over if need be. :p

5. I heard these rigs get a nice gritty growly sound:

6. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Aggie's tube power amp was the 728 and isn't in production anymore. But yah, unless you wanted to dish out some serious dough its not worth it. The small tube power amps will not cut it unless you don't have too much drummer and guitar competition. But you may want to wait until the new Ampeg all tube head comes out after NAMM; it probabally won't be overly expensive (my guess is around $1750, but maybe thats too expensive for your budget, it would be for mine unless I sold my current 400+) and it is going to sound more like a vintage SVT than the current CL and -2 Pro. That is the one Ampeg head that I would want. I love their preamps though.

7. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Love the BSP pre, thats why I want to pair it with a nice loud power amp.