1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Right or Wrong, these pics are mega cute

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TheSuzie, Jun 6, 2011.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Awww cute indeed, although it looks dead in picture five.

-Mike

2. I want one.

3. fhm555

fhm555 So FOS my eyes are brown Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Like I always tell wifey. All cute and cuddly today...all teeth and claws tomorrow.

4. was wondering about the right or wrong in the thread title...

... yeah, 4 or 5 years from now we'll be reading about this bear being put down cuz it killed grandpa, or some other family member..

idk what happened, he was so loving and gentle...

5. Not always:

6. Muzoid

Muzoid

Feb 12, 2011
    Canada!
    How do you know that won't happen?

That Bear is still only 5 years old.

How about that tame(?) bear that was brought onto the talk show, and attacked the other guest brutally (it's on youtube btw)

The issue with many wild animals turned domestic,... sure, they love their owners....but everyone else is lunch....and yet some when they get older, do in fact attack the hand that feeds them.

7. Yeah it kind of reminded me of one time when I was looking for a place to live. The agent took me to a house where two women lived. Between them they had two toddlers, one very young baby and a wolf or wolf-dog that was seriously large and scary looking.

I knew that it would only take an instant for that animal to kill any of those children. I am not small but it made me pretty nervous to be there as a stranger.

8. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

The cub is really cute, but that dog does NOT look happy. If he was not on a chain he would be OUTTA THERE !

9. I never said it wouldn't happen, just that it doesn't always. People like to get up in arms about wild animals being kept as pets, but of course, we only hear about the _rare_ horror stories associated with them, never the countless human/animal relationships that go by without incident.

Compare this to the estimated 4.7 million dog bites per year in the US. A little perspective helps to temper the knee-jerk reactions that the average person has when they hear about this sort of thing.