1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Right place, right time (free (ampeg) gear for me!)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by WiredLlama, Dec 12, 2018.

Tags:
  1. WiredLlama

WiredLlama

Feb 12, 2015
    Johnstown, PA
    Last week my regular band practice was cancelled so I decided to stop at a local dive bar close by my house. It just so happens there was a guy in there who I had known in the past and being friendly I just said 'hi'. Short conversation later he asks me if I am still playing music. I told him yes. He tells me that he has some old music equipment in his basement that he is just looking to get rid of and if I would like to stop by and look at it I would be welcome to take whatever I wanted. He couldn't remember what exactly he had that night.

Fast forward two days and I stop by to take a peak thinking its going to be some cheap junky old speakers and maybe an old mixing board or something. Once I showed up and saw what it was I tried to offer him some money but he wouldn't take anything. He said, 'if you don't take it I'm just going to put it out for trash pickup."

I'll have to take more pictures but in my excitement I didn't get good ones.

tl;dr - Happened to walk in a bar by chance, two days later came home with this stuff for free..

Ampeg SVT-410HE
    Ampeg SVT 18E
    Carvin Head (can't remember the model)
    20 channel, 50' snake
    Box of random speaker cables
    IMG_5173.JPG IMG_5174.JPG

2. P-oddz

P-oddz Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Milwaukee, WI
    lucky-duck-lbk9fy.