Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ring mods moogerfooger vs. line 6 mm4

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by monkeywrench, Mar 8, 2005.

1. monkeywrench

monkeywrench

Oct 17, 2002
    i think i've narrowed my search for a ring effect down to either the line 6 mm4 modulation pedal or the mooger ringer

the mooger is more expensive but looks pretty bad ass, the line 6 has other effects but i heard that when you use it with bass guitar the effects make your sound a lot quieter and i don't know if i can handle that

has anyone played both? or any of them? any info would be helpful seeing as it is pretty much impossible for me to find a mooger to try out around here, also any info on how well they work with an expression pedal would be cool

i have a zoom multi-effect pedal so i know how some effects are quiet and i'd like to be sure my effects will be heard, the ring effect on that pedal is what im most concerned with getting, but if that line 6 will hold up with the band, it's extra effects could be my deciding factor

please let me know what you can, and thanks a lot

2. If I had the opportunity to get ahold of a Moogerfooger, I would not pass that up. Those things sound incredible, but they're soo bloody expensive. They make a Deep Impact seem more realistic, and even that is out of my price range.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I'd say get the moogerfooger. Theur stuff is built very well, and sounds great. And also, if someone looks at your pedals and asks, "What's that?" You can say, "It's me moogerfooger."

4. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
  5. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I use the Line 6, and it doesn't affect the bass volume at all.
    I wouldn't mind a Moogerfooger either ;)