Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ring modulator

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Jazz Ad, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Does anybody know about a good pedal with this function ?
    By good, I mean usable. Well, as much as a ring mod can be.
    Thanks.

2. isn't there a moogerfooger ring mod? I hate ring mods, but that's one...

3. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I think tecx has one for sale he told me that it's the best of the ring mod's. You should pm him I can't remember the model that it is.

Hope this helps

4. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    I use a frostwave blue ringer, and it can be VERY musical. Or compleatly atonal... I actualy do have one for sale, but its on its way to David Wilson (for him to sell). If you want a good example of ring mod on bass, listen to Squarepusher's new album Ultravisitor - he usues it on his bass tracks on almost every tune...

Alex

ps. it is also the BEST tremolo I have ever heard...

5. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    Thank's for posting that Mo'Phat I would have done it myself (apart from I forgot) but I'm not at home and don't have that address to hand.

Can I ask Jazz Ad what situation has called for the use of a ring modulator?

6. I bookmarked that bad boy...it's an awesome link! Thanks for posting it in the first place.

7. I know Electro-Harmonix makes a ring mod. I don't think its specific for bass, but you can use it with one. I saw it advertised in a bass magazine not too long ago...I think it's called The Pulsar. You may want to check it out.

8. Tecx

Tecx Radio Rock Leads To Sterility

Jun 9, 2002
    Halifax, NS, Canada
    actualy, the Pulsar is their tremolo pedal. The EHX ring mod is called the Frequency Analyzer.

cheers

Alex

ps. the Frequency Analuzer is the worst ring mod ever made...

9. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA