ring probe idea...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 3 crotch grabs, Apr 14, 2003.

1. ok, a friend of a friend makes effects, and he wants people to give him jacked up ideas, just to see if he can build it.

i'm gonna hit him with the idea of a ring modulator with a theremin type control on it... kinda like zvex's probe series. but i would rather have the theremin plate on a stand so i could control it with the head of my bass.

a few questions:

1-do you think it will work?

2-would anyone else use it? i know i would.

3-any other stupid effects you wish were out there?

i'm bored, and looking for ideas.
    thanks

2. er, just don't call it the "ring probe".... :eek: :D

3. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I've got lots of stupid ideas.

Tell him to make a random tremolo. Or, instead of random, have it do unusual rhythmic sequences based on mystical numbers, like that Avogadro one, or Pi.

Or a filter that changes pitch w/ intensity instead of envelope.

Or a distortion w/ lots of eq knobs, like 12. I guess this would be like a distortion plus graphic eq or notch filter.

Or make a pedal plus light show. Have lasers shoot out of the box to your rhythm.

All of these must run on chlorophyll. :D :bassist:

4. is it ok if i build it out of bologna?

i like the idea of too many tone knobs. but i was just going to build a distortion into the body of one of my old basses.

by the way... the H key is sticking on this computer.

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I have a controllable ring mod, the Lovetone Ringstinger. It's great. It's also really big. Zvex stuff fits on my pedalboard better.

I own 7 Zvex pedals, and I'm hard pressed to come up with something more bizarre than what he already makes. Hmmm..... how about a synth with therimin control? Like a EH microsynth mixed with a whammy pedal?

Sorry about your "H", Crotch Grab. I find that violence is the solution for everything. Grab yourself a hammer and go to work.