1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ring thing as octaver?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TinyE, Oct 21, 2013.

1. TinyE

TinyE

Jan 31, 2013
    portland,or
    I had a sales guy pushing the ring thing over the micro pog for an octaver. He insisted it tracked better, and was way cooler because it did ring mod, and some tremolo-y stuff. I didn't get a chance to play with it, but read that it does some amount of pitch shifting. Is that the same as octaves?

Anyone have any experience with the ring thing that they can share? Good or bad.

Thanks!

2. pietrocefa

pietrocefa

May 3, 2011
    Here (TB) we are some Ring Mod gurus...just wait for them.

3. Shakin-Slim

Shakin-Slim

Jul 23, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    I've always been interested in the Ring Thing. Looking forward to some responses.

4. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    I've had a Micro POG and I have a Ring Thing. The tracking is pretty good on both (maybe a little better on the MP) but there is some latency on the RT that's not there on the MP. Lots of people don't seem to mind it but it's too much for me. I love the RT otherwise and the ring mod/modulation/trem sounds it can do are really great.