Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ringing in my wah?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by anubis101, Sep 1, 2000.

1. anubis101

anubis101 Guest

Aug 31, 2000
    Nacogdoches, Tx
    i love my dunlop wah but its making an annoying high pitch ringing when i play with it. how do i get rid of the ringing?

2. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    It's the dunlop bass wah right? If it's not, it may be producing some nasty sounding highs that are undesirable for bass. If it is the bass wah, and it's making a high-pitched
    squeeling when you engage the effect, there is something wrong with it.

3. I built a wah pedal and it screams. I did noticed the high pitch squeal and i found that changing the battery fixes it in most cases. When the battery gets low the wah is not drawing as much power and the frequency response isn't all that great.

Now I got sick of changing the battery to find that there was still 6 volts+ in the battery. So i was told by someone else who had done this, what pins from the IC affect the pitch. i put a small capacitor across the pins to act as a filter. Got rid of the squeal instantly. Plus the battery lasts a hell of a lot longer. Was that too complicated?? If so try changing the battery or get a plugpack.

Merls