1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ringtone maker freebie

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by hover, Jun 26, 2012.

1. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ok, so my Daughter wants me to make her a ringtone of some tune she cannot get off her phone's service. So I bought the tune on iTunes, and wanted to convert the chorus for her into a ringtone....anyone doing this and what program are you using?

Should I trust CNET reviews for malware / bulls**t?

Is it all adware?

Where's my liniment, my joints are aching and I need a nap.

Thank you young people who are laughing at me.

2. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Last I checked, you could do that in itunes.

3. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Even if it's not for an iPhone?

Oh, what you must think of me.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Right click the song in iTunes. You should see an option for making a ringtone. If it makes it in iTunes format, you can convert it to another format.

-Mike

5. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I'm not getting that option...hmmm.

6. colcifer

colcifer Esteemed Nitpicker Supporting Member

Feb 10, 2010
    A Galaxy Far, Far Away
    Well, since you bought it from itunes, it's probably DRM protected which limits your options a bit. What kind of phone does she have? What song is it? If a fellow TBer has it, they might do it for you.

7. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I use Ringdroid and it does a good enough job. You can get it on Google Play for free.

8. Lotsa free apps can do that on Android. There ought to be one for iStuff. You may have to rip the song from a CD to get around Apple's DRM. It's really just a matter of getting it into a format compatible with the phone and editing it to the desired length.

9. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    Hover , I'm so disappointed in you , for shame, you seemed so smart and funny.

-2 points

j/k

10. Geroi Asfalta

Geroi Asfalta

Aug 23, 2011
    I don't have Ipod, Itunes, any of that fun stuff.....I use audacity and convert everyhting into a mono file, works on my dumbphone.

11. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Whuh??? Man, my 11th hour self is pretty sad sack indeed. That said, I got it taken care of, all set.