Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ringtone stuff/help

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by heretic, Aug 16, 2005.

1. I have a Nokia 6010 and I'm getting bored of the ringtones on it. Is there any way I can send midi from my comp to my cell? I mess around with midi alot and thought it would be cool to make my own ringtones.

THANKS

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    What service do you have? I use Verizon, and I can e-mail ringtones to myself. I had to hack the phone to delete all the cheesy factory ring tones to make room for mine.

-Mike

3. I use Cingular. That's exactly what I want to do is email my phone... I've looked through the manual but I didn't see anything about it.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Just try e-mailing one to yourself and see what happens. You can do it form your PC. Try sending the file in MIDI form. I'm not sure how tech savvy you are, so forgive me for the following basic instructions if you know this much already.

Open your e-mail program. Start a new e-mail, and address it to your cell phone. Attach the song file you want, and send it. To find out your cell phones e-mail address, send an e-mail to your PC from the phone. You may also be able to get it from the Cingular website. Not sure on that one as I do not use Cingular.

-Mike

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    How can I email myself a tone? I have Verizon.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Find yourself a song you want, and make a 30 second clip of it. It can be shorter, but no longer. Save it in MIDI format. Then you'll need to send an e-mail from your PC to your cell phone. The e-mail address you will use is yournumber@vzwpix.com. PM me your cell phone number, and I will send you a Godsmack ring tone.

There is a chance that they will not play on your phone. Make sure your phone can play them.

-Mike

7. Thanks for the help, it was almost too easy!