1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Rio Grande Pick-Ups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kevbassman, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Ian_Flash

Ian_Flash

Jan 17, 2013
    My Guitarist uses them. They are BALLS OUT tone monsters! No experience wit bass yet...

2. I'm going to try to put muy grande powerbuckers in a blacktop pbass body. I talked to Dave about it, he's the sales guy there. He was helpful, and suggested that I use two bridge pickups, since the two pickups seem to be the same size. I'll just have them wind one of the pickups to neck specifications. From what I see from testimonials and from what I see on the website, they look like very high quality pickups.

3. TBGFRED

TBGFRED Supporting Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Panama City Beach, FL
    I have the RGs Vintage Jazz Vs in the only true Jazz bass I own. A/B'd them against a variety of single coil and humbucking jazz/narrow aperture pups, including:

nordstrand sc
    original fender mia deluxes sc
    bartolini sc

and

emgs j (thin j and j40 shape)
    dimarzio ultras and area js
    joe bardens js
    bartolini stacked hb'ing js
    suhrs stacked hb'ing js
    fender samcobalt noiseless js

they are big and detailed at the same time. all jazz, for sure. installed series/parallel switch and they are pretty muscular in series. also very manageable/versatile when talking to an audere z-pre.

the installed pups stopped work down at the tech's shop. everyone had to take a turn ....

build quality very good. mine are mounted without covers

good luck.