Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Rio Grande Pickups!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DryWater'Bass, Mar 22, 2004.

1. What's the basis of opinions on Rio Grande Pickups, Powerbucker and the Jazz pickups specifically, I'm planning a nice project, an 8 string Jazz bass, Ala '75 style with the swamp ash body and ashtrays, black pickguard and maple on maple neck with block inlays...But I want a modern flavor to it, too...So I wanna use a powerbucker under the ashtray/bridge cover, and add a coil tap so I can get mean jazz tone when I need to...While I'm at it, I'll go ahead and add in a 3 band EQ with sweepable mids....Probably a J-Retro...So needless to say, I'm excited about trying this one...and hoping to have a few Talkbassers heads turn when I debut the final project....

2. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I've only tried Rio Grande guitar pickups and I loved 'em. I've never tried Rio Grand bass pups. I can tell you that they make a high quality product. Beyond that, good/bad tone is in the ear of the listener...