RIP (2 people)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Woodchuck, May 15, 2003.

1. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Basketball and New York Knick legend Dave DeBusscherre and "Untouchables" star Robert Stack both passed away today.
  2. didnt know who they are.. but RIP all the same
  3. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i grew up watching robert stack

i had heard that his wife is taking it hard
  4. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dave was a high class guy, a great ball player and a nice human being. The Nicks were outstanding
    when he played with Willis Reed, Wilt Chamberlain et al. Great team.

Robert, well it's hard to tell with Hollywood, he had a real good career when the 'Untouchables' show was on. Great show. In his 80's now probably. Very good actor.
  5. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I also grew up watching the Untouchables on TV. Robert Stack was for me an actor of legend. Condolences to his family and fans. :( :bawl:

I am a complete stranger to basketball. However, condolences to Dave DeBusscherre's family and friends too.
  6. Prime Mover

Prime Mover

Feb 16, 2003
    TN, USA
  7. Ahh RIP.

Only thing tho.. Robert Stack passed away in a typical type of way with heart failure. He should've gone missing or been abducted... Unsolved Mysteries.......

8. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Robert Stack used to freak me out when I watched Unsolved Mysteries as a little kid. RIP
  9. Is the number of ppl leaving our lives distressing anyone else here. I mean serioulsy in individual events we are losing a significant amount of ppl at the moment. Especially bass players. Has there ever been a 12 month period in which we have lost so many giants. Giants is not intended to demote any citizen of this earth that we have lost to being less than the Celebs we all know.

10. R.I.P

also another person needs to be added to this list. Johnny Cash's wife passed away yesterday due to complications from heart surgery.