Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RIP, Bindi

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by embellisher, Dec 8, 2004.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

:crying:

Our pet umbrella cockatoo died.

She had a respiratory infection that was aggravated by my inlaws smoking.

These kinds of birds hide the fact that they are sick to keep predators from eating them.

By the time we realized she needed a doctor, it was too late.

I took her to an animal hospital around 9:00, and they put her on oxygen immediately.

She took a turn for the worse about 12:30, and died about half an hour later.

I have lost pets before, but it never hurt this bad.

Bindi was like an autistic 2 1/2 year old with ADHD. That is the way most U2 owners describe their babies. She was almost like one of our kids.

My wife and I are taking this really hard. I can't imagine how my little girl is going to take it in the morning. She didn't want to go to bed when we told her that Bindi might die. We convinced her to go to sleep and then got the call an hour later.:crying:

Selling my Nordie would not be near as painful if the vet could have saved her life. Now I have a $1000 vet bill, and lost my poor baby anyway.:(

Life sucks!:mad:

I would never have believed this possible, but this hurts almost as bad as when my Dad died.:crying:

Please keep my family in your thoughts and prayers.

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    My condolences, bro. :(

($1000 for a vet to put tweety on oxygen, then say its too late? What a snake.)

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dude....I know exactly how you feel.....EXACTLY.

We had to put down our beloved family dog about a month ago. I cried more about that than when my grandmother died a few months ago.

You don't know how sorry I am for your loss....seriously. The loss of our dog is still fresh in my mind. Take your time recovering from this, and know that us bass player dudes are here for you. Whatever you need.

-Mike

4. :(

I'm sorry. I've lost pets, I feel for you.

5. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Crap Jeff, that just sucks man. Thoughts and best wishes.

6. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    jeff, i'm sooooo sorry man

:(

we are pet lovers too, 3 dogs, a parrot and a ferret

you have PM

7. :crying: That did make me cry reading that. I know exactly how you feel. :crying:
    RIP :(

8. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    I'm really sorry to hear that Jeff. My condolences to you and your family, I know what it is like losing pets. :(

9. :(
    Sorry to hear that, Jeff. Hang in there..

10. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    big bummer. i know how the big birds are. a very different sort of pet. how long did you have her? thats's why i have fish, it's bad enough when they go, but at least we didnt have that much of a relationship.

11. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Jeff, our condolences...

12. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Sorry to hear about that, Jeff.

Man, the first two threads I see this morning both dealing with death.

:bawl:

brad cook

13. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Man, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( I can totally relate, and it really is like losing a member of the family. Hang in there.

14. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Dude....I'm so sorry to hear this, like a few of the others here, I'm still "recovering" from a loss back in August, and have recently been dealing with another sick "child", as my remaining cat has taken ill.

If there's anything I can do for you man, just give me a shout, even if it's just to borrow my shoulder for a while.

They ARE our children...

RIP Bindi

15. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Sorry to hear about your loss Jeff.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family.

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sorry Jeff, that's horrible. I know how you feel, I lost a cat under similar conditions.

:( :(

17. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    :(

My condolences.

Marshall

18. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    I'm so sorry for your family's loss Jeff. We lost two of our "boys" this year. They were very sweet cats that were 12 years old. We had to put Trevor down in March and then we had to put Simon down just 5 months later. When you stated that it hurt almost as much as losing your dad, I knew exactly where you were coming from. I harbored those same feelings when we lost our pets. We don't have children, so our pets are like our kids too. Please accept my deepest sympathy.

Larry

19. I know what you mean, Jeff.

I think it's because all pets seek is our love, and give it back tenfold.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.

Mike :(