Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

RIP Captain Kangaroo

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike N, Jan 23, 2004.

1. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    While I'm way to young to know the Captain myself, my mom was kind of sad today. (kind of)

2. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :( :bawl:

CK was on before saturday morning cartoons when I was 5 or 6. I would wake up at about 5 AM to watch that. :( This is so sad...

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    RIP Capt. :(

4. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    You know guys like Capt. Kangaroo and Mr. Rogers are easy targets for making fun but their passing means that there are 2 less nice people in the world. I had fond memories of that show. Corny by todays standards but good. I never really got into Dancing Bear, but Bunny Rabbit was cool.

5. WHY GOD !?!?!!

WHY ???

WHY JESUS WHY NO GOD NO !!!

:bawl:

6. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    Good post.

[​IMG]

7. :(

I will never forget Captain Kangaroo, Bunny Rabbit, Mr. Moose, or Mr. Greenjeans.

Good times as a wee one, they helped make the world a better place. So did Fred Rogers.

Here's hoping that history repeats itself, and our children have good influences like we had.

:)

8. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Colorado
    RIP :(

9. no4mk1

no4mk1

Feb 21, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    I grew up in Seattle, so I had the Captain, Mr. Rogers, and the local J.P. Patches. J.P. is now the only one still around, and that makes me sad.

RIP Captain!

Cheers,
    Chris

10. Sorry to derail the thread...but didnt mr. greenjeans kill himself?

Never saw the show mysewlf, but rip.

11. tuBass

tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    That was in poor taste, and if you really wanted to know a simple google search would have turned up this:

Hugh Brannum (Mr. Green Jeans) died of cancer on April 22, 1987 at his home in Sailorsburg, Pennsylvania. He was 77 years old.

12. sorry, didnt mean to offend. Someone told me he did...guess now I know.

13. Speaking of...

Anyone hear about the rumor that Frank Zappa was the son of Mr. Green Jeans?