1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

RIP Danny Kirwan, former Fleetwood Mac guitarist

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by OldDog52, Jun 9, 2018.

1. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    Former Fleetwood Mac Guitarist Danny Kirwan Dead at 68

Kirwan joined Fleetwood Mac following the release of 1968's Mr. Wonderful – his first appearance with the band was their Number One single "Albatross" – and would record five albums with the band while serving as guitarist and singer: 1969's Then Play On (the band's last Peter Green album) and Blues Jam at Chess, 1970's Kiln House (the first Mac album to feature Christine McVie), 1971's Future Games and 1972's Bare Trees.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    RIP...

jamro217 likes this.
  3. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Future Games and Bare Trees are very overlooked albums in the Fleetwood Mac canon.
    Fly on Danny...……………………………...

jamro217 and JimK like this.
  4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...was just re-visiting Bare Trees after decades. Cool stuff that I had forgotten about.

old spice and jamro217 like this.
  5. What an unfortunate end to an equally tragic life. Such potential and talent...gone. R.I.P. Mr. Kirwan, thanks for your music.

OldDog52 and JimK like this.
  6. What a beautiful musician.
    Kiln House!
    “When we are dust...when we are dust.”
    Yes, man.

OldDog52 likes this.
  7. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Pacific Northwest
    I never actually learned to play very well
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  8. Saw FM in Atlanta 69 or 70 at the old Sports Arena. Still have splinters from bleacher seating

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021