1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

RIP Leinenkugel Apple Spice

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by TSanders, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Maybe this is old news, but I just found out that Leinenkugel has discontinued their Apple Spice brew.

Its been replaced with a new release called Fireside Nut Brown.

Ill miss the Apple Spice this year. It was a GREAT festive brew that was *always* a hit at holiday parties and gatherings.

RIP Apple Spice.

2. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Man that beer is good for the $5.94 for a sixer. I wish they sold 12's here it would be all I probably would drink as an everyday beer.

Red and Sunset Wheat are killer brews for the price.

3. I just opened the refrigerator and, lo and behold, there was a solitary Apple Spice sitting on a shelf. It's more than a year old, but I cracked it open anyway. Still tastes pretty good. My wife is from Wisconsin, so she is a big fan of Leinenkeugel. I like most of their beers, but last weekend we made the mistake of buying a six-pack of Berry Weiss. Ick. Tastes like shampoo.

4. That is the only Leinenkeugel i have tried and it is disgusting. We bought it cause my friends name is Barry and my last name is Weiss.

5. I had a Berry Weiss today and I thought it was phenomenal. Definitely going to pick up some more of it.

6. I know, I was there. :smug:

I like the Berry Weiss too.

7. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Ew. Berry Weiss is like drinking a Renuzit.

8. Many thanks to you good sir for the GREAT beer. I owe you m'friend.

9. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    I like all Leinenkugel beers, including the Berry Weis. In fact, I'm craving one right now.

10. king_biscuit

king_biscuit Supporting Member

May 21, 2006
    US
    I don't like the berry (ladies) flavored Linies.

11. This is terrible news :(x1000

12. Tim Cole

Tim Cole Supporting Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Oh man, that stuff was awesome.

13. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I'll drink Leinenkugel, but that flavored wine cooler beer was crap! Good riddance! Nothing subtle or complex about that stuff at all.

I guess I'm just not much of a fan.

14. Just sending this up one more time.

Im gonna miss this brew.

15. I've just started trying to develop a taste for beers, but so far my favorite is Leinie's Honey Weiss. They seem to brew a pretty nice beer.

16. Its a good one, and you should give the Sunset Wheat a try if you havent.

17. I haven't yet, but it's on my list.

18. I've been meaning to find one I tried many years ago (too drunk to remember the name) that tasted like pumpkin pie in a glass. Most are more on the bitter side of the pumpkin vibe.

If you guys are looking for a nice apple beer, Lindemans makes a nice Lambic and Éphémère (Apple) Unibroue is pretty good.

19. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Stumbled onto this while sipping on a Berry weiss; I still need to try the Summer Shandy. Another Wisconsin fave of mine is Grainbelt;)