RIP Mary Elizabeth Lewis

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gard, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Today has been one of the saddest days of my life, the woman that brought me into this world left it today.

:bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

My mother was the sweetest, kindest woman I've ever met, never had a cross word for anyone, and welcomed everyone into her family with open arms.

She had a whacked sense of humor, told me my first dirty jokes when I was a youngster.

One time, after one of my first bands had totally destroyed the peace and quiet of her Sunday afternoon by rehearsing in our living room, she took all of us out for dinner at a local seafood restaurant. We got seated, were laughing and joking, having fun, and mom noticed that someone that had been seated after us was already being served, and we hadn't even gotten a drink order, much less food order placed. Mom, who could whistle so loud it hurt your ears 3 blocks away, got a bit miffed, jumped up on the table ( :eek: ) and proceeded to give her BEST whistle.

Needless to say, we had food and drink in a very short time afterward.

That was my mom...put up with a bunch of rowdy teenagers banging on musical instruments for hours on end, then take us all out for a good meal afterward, and make sure we get the same service the "good folks" do, because she knew WE were good folks.

Mom, I love you, and will always miss you...I wish I'd been able to tell you one more time....
  2. Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Sorry to hear that man, my condolences and best wishes to you and your family.
  3. Jay

Oct 19, 2000
    Bidwell, OH
    Cherish that. I'm sorry about your loss, Gard, but I am really glad that I got to meet her. It was definitely a pleasure to meet your parents and grandma and sister and Topaz the spastic funny dog.

All I can do is be there as a friend and pray, so you know my number, I'm always here, brother.
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Very sorry to hear it, Gard. You'll be in my prayers.

brad cook
  5. Veyr sad. :( My condolences, I'm so sorry this happened.
  6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    My deepest sympathies, Gard.
  7. My condolences for your loss, Gard. I can't even imagine what this feels like for you. I'll keep you in my prayers.
  8. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Very sorry to hear that bro, I offer my condolences.
  9. I'm really sorry for you. You'll be in my prayers, and I wish the best for you and your family.
  10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    My condolences, Gard. I'm sure she was very proud of you.
  11. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA

I am so sorry you lost your mom.

Please accept my sincerest condolences.

12. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Deepest condolences Gard.
  13. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Your mom sounds like she was punk, bro! Wish I coulda met her. :)

My deepest sympathies to you and your family. :(
  14. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Hey Gard Dude, Sorry about your lost, I lost my mom almost three years ago, which was basically the last of my family (no brothers and sisters). I hope you've got plenty of support arround after the move and all. Hope you still have some family locally,
  15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    My condolences Gard.

16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow. barbara and i send our deepest condolences gard. gimme a call if you wanna talk. it's been a while anyway, we're due. :)
  17. srxplayer

May 19, 2004
    Highland, CA
    My condolences to you and your family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
  18. I'm sorry to hear of your loss, Gard - I'm crying right now. (I'm a big softie) :(

She would have passed away, though, safe in the knowledge that she raised a wonderful son in you.
  19. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    My condolences, Gard.

If it's any consolation, I like to think that those who have passed on, still live in the memories of those who loved them.