1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

RIP Maurice White ( Earth Wind & Fire

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by hands5, Feb 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    Although he wasn't a bass player, Maurice was the epitome of a visionary leader of the most prolific R&B groups of our time. I would like to take the time to give condolences and sympathy to his family and also say thank you Maurice for not only creating the greatest band in the land but also creating the music and musicianship which made EWF all and everything of what they are.

Clark Dark and DWBass like this.
  2. Damn....always a fan of a great band.

RIP Maurice

3. So very sad to hear this, Maurice's musical vision EWF has been a source of empowerment, inspiration and pleasure for much of my life. Thank you for sharing your gifts with me and the world, you live on through your music.

4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Huge influence!
    Fly on Maurice...........

5. mrufino1

mrufino1 Supporting Member

Aug 2, 2005
    Nutley, NJ
    Wow, I just saw this, unbelievable. 2016 is not kind to music so far. EWF is one of my favorites and a huge influence.

6. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

So many greats are leaving us! R.I.P.