1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rip (me a new) Van Winkle with some melodic bass recommends

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by onestring, May 20, 2011.

1. onestring

onestring

Aug 25, 2009
    Richmond, CA
    I fell asleep somewhere around 2003 and I just walked back into a record store for the first time. Or an mp3 store or whatever. It's a crazy new world full of music.

I love melodic pop/rock/r&b bass. McCartney, Jamerson, Dee Murray, Colin Moulding, Pino, anything hummable, I love it. Then the 90s came, and it was really a good time, but it was mostly grungy and metal-y and dance-poppy and with some exceptions not the best time for that style.

Wake me up with some recent inventive, melodic electric bass from the 2000s. Tracks or albums, all comers welcome. But please, no players or bands that were already active before Y2K.

Thank you.

2. EddieT

EddieT

Jun 21, 2008
    I might suggest "Twelve Stops And Home" by The Feeling. Great 70s esque pop tunes with some nice bass work. I wouldn't say it's up there with McCartney/Murray or Paladino but more than your indie/grunge root note stuff