1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Rip Me apart

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by unclejam, Jun 3, 2007.

1. labgnat

labgnat Inactive

Oct 29, 2005
    outta this world
    I like the songs you got goin there. you get some cool textures in your songs without relying overly on effect pedals. the 2nd one "song currently hasno" that's pretty wild.
    nice job.
    and shoot you got george clinton on your friends list you must be doin something right :) oh and i like all the primus album covers on ur page as well Les is the man

2. Dude, spears is totally cool. Very different and original. Could be a soundtrack...... very spacial and "big" sounding.

3. thanks um song curently has no name is still in the making (its a online digi jam) meaning thats only a bass riff any takers?

4. come on folks tell me what ya thinkin

5. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    "Song currently has no.." needs some work. I know you said its not finished yet. But its a little boring. Not much dynamics, not many change ups.

Placara - Again....needs more work...I like the spacey, ambient undertone but the song kinda falls apart, especially towards the end. I can barely hear the bass, which is kinda killing this song. Where's that groovin' bassline this song is calling for? The guitars sound a bit off to me...so does the bass...

6. new beter version of Placara is up common now folks you are letting me down here

7. Please??? need i beg of you?

8. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Alright..Since you asked.

1. 1) Song Currently Hasno: I'm sorry. Boring. Just by hearing your playing, I know your thumb is over the neck. Keep your left hand like a claw, never let the audience see your thumb. That'll get rid of that horrid buzzing on the chords. I'm personally not a fan of heavy-strumming patterns on bass. it just needs some cleaning up. And yes, I know it's done. I think it'll be okay when you've got a melody and such.
    2. 2) Spears: Technique, again. Just needs practice. but, i like it. I'm having a hell of a time figuring out what time you're playing in. Sounds like you're in 3/4, and the keys are in 4/4. When I counted to 16, It sometimes fit. On the...bridge of the song (i guess) when you're doing the plucks on the upbeat, thump too man, it sounds too empty for too long. Thumping will fatten it out a bit.
    3. 3) The BASSics: keep your fingers pressed down hard. You're taking your fingers off too quickly. Again, just technique, I'm hearing a lot of iffy notes. And, there is an insane amount of echoing. The general feel of it reminds me Stew McKinsey's "interlude #2". But, this song has a lot of mis-frets, and buzzing. It's cool though. My favourite so far. And...I hated the ended. It sounded like you were going into a new song. Cool for some, not for me.
    4. 4) Crazy Train: Ouch. Ouch ouch ouch ouch.
    5. 5) Placara: Metronome. And...guitar? Ukulele? I don't even know what that is. I like your groove going. Skanky. When you're doing the slap groove, try playing the Minor 7th on the E. And then fire your guitarist.

9. well i cant exactly fire myself but i can put down the guitar.

and in order.

1.i will try and clean it up. its hollow because it is not finished albeit its only one track and im waiting on someone to throw in gui**** rifts and drum lines.

2. i will throw in some thumping to make it a bit fatter

3.will try to press harder and well that was a walk in take

4. done after playing bass for two weeks (guess i took to the stereotype)

5. im not a guitarist. its guitar. whats a ukulele? wahts the major 7th? and i put down the guitar

10. perfektspace6

perfektspace6

May 9, 2006
    Texas
    Well these don't really sound like songs. More like repetitive grooves. Kind of boring.Tone sounds a bit dead. Maybe some new strings would help.

11. illl see if i can muster up 40 bucks

12. new song

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021