RIP Scottso (NYC DJ Scott Muni)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by James Hart, Sep 30, 2004.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
  2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
  3. I knew nothing of Scott Muni until I read the article. Too bad there aren't any old school DJs like that anymore, regardless of who owns the radio format. I'm sad too.
  4. If you're growing up with the current crop of white-bread deejays populating the Clear Channel-dominated airwaves these days, you might wonder what this fuss was about.

Muni knew his stuff; he knew a lot about a lot of music. Nowadays you just have to say what they tell you to say. Muni could verbally riff with the best musicians.

And there's no one coming up now to take his place, because Clear Channel has decided that that's not what "the kids" (i.e., you) want to hear.
  5. I remember listening to Scott on WNEW FM when I was growing up. They don't make them like him anymore.

Hey James, then I guess you also remember Allison Steele and Richard Neer as well?

WNEW was some station back then. (70s & 80s)

R.I.P. Scott. :(

If you want to good music, and tons of it, get XM satellite radio. I did a month ago, and it's heaven. ;)
  6. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL

Scott was the pioneer or FM rock radio on WNEW FM. He originated the sound of the classic FM DJ, invented AOR, and brought many new rock artists to the forefront. We will miss you Scottso!
  7. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    I had the biggest crush on Carol Miller, that woman had the sexiest voice in the 80s. I also prefered the "Dave Herman Rock and Roll morning show" to Stern back in the day. Though I did write a lot of hate mail to him :eek: when asked if he'd let his young daughter date a musician, he said "Sure... but not a bassist, I just don't trust them"

I never did get a response :meh:
  8. Ditto. Wow, what a bummer. This is the first I've heard of this. RIP, Scott.